Resources to Get Started
These resources provide an introduction to Socially Conscious Sheltering and Socially Conscious Animal Communities.
Infographics (PDF)The infographics below represent the eight different communities who contribute to Socially Conscious Animal Communities (SCAC). Each infographic shows the different ways that each group can contribute to SCAC.
- Policy Makers
- Rescue Groups
- Law Enforcement
- Human-animal Resource Providers
- Media Partners
PresentationsThese presentations were recorded as an introduction to Socially Conscious Animal Communities for different audiences across the country.
- Help educate your community on Socially Conscious Animal Welfare. (PowerPoint)
- The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement SCS (PowerPoint)
- The Association for Animal Welfare Advancement SCS Presentation (Video)
- Socially Conscious Sheltering & Communities Webinar (Video)
- Socially Conscious Sheltering & Communities PowerPoint (PowerPoint)
- Socially Conscious Sheltering and Communities Handout (This document is intended for distribution to the community to help them understand their roll in creating a Socially Conscious Animal Community.)
- Socially Conscious Sheltering Tenet Considerations for shelters and rescues (This document is for a shelter or rescue considering implementing Socially Conscious Sheltering.)
Show Your Support
Save and place the badge and statement on your website to let your community know you are a Socially Conscious Animal Welfare Organization.
Creating the best outcomes for all animals. Visit scsheltering.org to learn more.
Socially Conscious Sheltering - Tenet Implementation Resources
These are resources to assist with the implementation of each tenet of Socially Conscious Sheltering.